Organization Overview :
TRUST South LA is a community-based organization that works to stabilize neighborhoods south of Downtown LA, where increased property values and rents have pushed out many long-term Black and Brown residents. Since 2017, we have dedicated our work to building awareness and community leadership on issues of housing, transportation, and recreation. TRUST South LA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Los Angeles urgently needs affordable housing and tenant protections. TRUST South LA is happy to support the United to House LA coalition consisting of homeless service organizations, housing advocates, and labor organizations in LA to support the United to House LA Campaign. Our goal is to inform South LA voters of the ballot measure and get them excited for the upcoming elections this November.
Canvassers will be part of a team of outreach workers conducting phone banking, text banking, and canvassing. They will inform eligible South LA voters about the United to House LA Campaign and the coming election. Strong candidates believe all residents should be civically engaged and willing to have conversations about civic participation.
- Door-to-door outreach; conversations with residents
- Phone and text banking
- Daily reporting of outreach activities
- Participate in public education activities
- Work on turnout related to program events.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Strong verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand/walk for multiple hours daily
- Smartphone and familiarity with smartphone functionality
- Reliable daily transportation
- Independent and self-motivated to complete work plans
PLEASE SEND A RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: Jessica Melendez, Director of Policy firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Frame: September 5, 2022 – November 18, 2022 (End Date Subject to Change)
Training Mandatory: Field Organizing Training as scheduled
Supervisor: Jessica Melendez, Director of Policy