ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: T.R.U.S.T. South LA is a membership based non-profit community land trust focused on: the production and preservation of affordable housing and the stewardship of community-controlled land; building values-driven community development; building awareness and fostering community leadership on issues of housing, transportation, sustainability and recreation; and creating programs, collaborations and initiatives that build community and economic opportunity for low-income residents within and beyond our project boundaries.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: T.R.U.S.T. South LA’s Fund Development Manager is a management position, working closely with program staff and reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Fund Development Manager supports T.R.U.S.T. South LA’s programs by effectively communicating fund engagement opportunities through written proposals, grant writing, verbal presentations, and direct solicitation. This role requires database management and reporting, event logistics and effective donor stewardship. Knowledge of housing, community land trusts, base-building, community organizing, urban planning, homelessness issues are area is a plus.
The Fund Development Manager will lead project management, proposal writing and submission, and ongoing reporting/management of grant and contract funding from government, foundation and corporate sources. The Manager will write accurate, comprehensive, and compelling grant/RFP proposals that conform to all requirements, including narratives, forms, financial documents, program budgets, staff bios, etc. The Fund Development Manager will maintain an internal tracking system with dates and deliverables around grant applications, renewals, and reports to ensure that T.R.U.S.T. South LA consistently delivers high-quality, timely materials.
- Responsible for raising approximately 2 million annually through partnership opportunities, program and event sponsorships, program underwriting, and in-kind donations. This includes creating and managing a portfolio of a minimum of 50 major donors.
- Research and apply for grant funding with foundations and corporate donors.
- Communicate effectively to build and maintain donor relationships. Assist with overall cultivation and stewardship of foundations and corporate donors.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to actively identify opportunities to offset operational costs, contribute to affiliate in-kind needs, capture foundation and donor data and submit comprehensive proposals.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a goal-oriented setting, preferably fundraising
- Grant writing experience required. Experience with writing/researching data for grant proposals and understanding of funding, budgeting, reporting and deliverables.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the fundraising cycle and fundamental disciplines of resource development.
- An understanding of TRUST South LA and commitment to the mission of the organization, principles, and social & economic justice.
- Familiarity, interest, and/or expertise with community land trusts.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with limited supervision, willing to handle concurrent tasks and make appropriate judgments and decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage details and data efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of people from various businesses and backgrounds.
- Computer proficient, including Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex ideas into popular education and accessible language.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The Fund Development Manager is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits for employees and dependents. Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT/ TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2021, with earlier submissions welcomed. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for 3 professional references, sample writings, and to submit answers to a written prompt.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: As an organization committed to community-led solutions to housing justice and racial equality, T.R.U.S.T. South LA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, along with any and all of other characteristics that make us all unique. We help put this commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in practice through professional training, flexible work hours, benefits and support for a healthy work-life-family balance.