ABOUT ERAP: Under Senate Bill 91 (SB-91), the State of California will provide up to $2.6 billion in emergency rental assistance to California households and landlords impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible households and landlords may receive assistance with arrears and/or prospective rent and utility bills. TRUST South LA is leading a group of community partners to assist tenants and landlords access these emergency funds. See https://housingiskey.com for more about the state program.
DESCRIPTION and SCOPE OF WORK: The Temporary ERAP Rent Assistance Manager will play a lead role in helping tenants and landlords’ access ERAP rent and utility assistance funds as part of T.R.U.S.T South LA’s contract with the State of CA’s Housing is Key Program delivering $1.5 Billion in emergency rental assistance to California’s most affected communities.
- Assist tenants and landlords access the on-line ERAP rent and utility assistance portal, including completion of all relevant fields and uploading required documents.
- Schedule and conduct appointments with landlords and tenants in need of assistance – both virtually and in-person (curbside with proper COVID safe protocols in place).
- Help provide translation and language assistance to Spanish-speaking tenants and landlords who are accessing the ERAP portal.
- Staff in-person curbside document drop-off services for tenants and landlords trying to access the ERAP portal or who have questions or problems with their rent or utility assistance application at T.R.U.S.T SOUTH LA’s office.
- Upload documents to the ERAP portal in a timely manner to ensure prompt processing of rent and utility assistance applications.
- Supervise ERAP Outreach Coordinator and assist with progressive marketing to target populations. Direct residents and landlords to the ERAP application to apply for assistance; including but not limited to pop-events following covid-safe protocols.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience working directly with members of the public, preferably with a housing or social services provider.
- Ability to assist members of public with sensitive personal and financial topics compassionately, accurately and confidentially.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in a nonprofit.
- Strong verbal communication skills and evidence of clear writing ability.
- Familiarity with completing online forms, including scanning and uploading of paper documents.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to work across cultures, personalities, and aptitudes.
- The ability to work independently.
- Attitude of resourcefulness and taking initiative for problem-solving.
- The ability to work together with T.R.U.S.T SOUTH LA staff and other ERAP partner organizations.
- Vehicle not required but a current CA driver’s license and clean DMV report is highly desired.
The position reports to the T.R.U.S.T South LA’s Associate Director and Community Land Trust Manager and will also collaborate with ERAP partners at other nonprofit and ally organizations providing similar services.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: As an organization committed to community-led solutions to housing justice and racial equality, T.R.U.S.T. South LA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, along with any and all of other characteristics that make us all unique. We help put this commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in practice through professional training, flexible work hours, benefits, and support for a healthy work-life-family balance